Wednesday 30 July 2014

#14 - COMPLETED COURSE OF ACCUTANE.


Progress:   32 weeks. 
Dosage:   80mg (2 capsules) everyday for 2 months.


I can't believe i'm going to say this but.... I'VE FINISHED MY ACCUTANE !!! *air punch*

I took the final 80mg daily dose on the 26th July. 
For those who are new to this blog, I started accutane on the 29th November 2013. Below are some photos you can compare before and after.

It's been 4 days since completing the course and I still feel good. I had a pimple break out about 1 day after my last post, but that pimple disappeared in about 3 days time. 

My lips are still really dry since accutane will continue to be in my system for another 2-3 weeks perhaps.

I have started using Rio Rosa Mosqueta oil as part of my skincare routine. 
I read a lot of reviews that this is a miracle oil for fading acne scars so i'm going to give it a try. I mix a couple drops of the oil into my moisturiser and use that several times a day. 





CONCLUSION - WORTH IT OR NOT??

Yes!!! ... it was worth all the pain and tears. The initial outbreak made me cry a lot and I became even more depressed but to those who just started the treatment... you just need to wait it out. If you stick to it... you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
I had so many doubts about this treatment too, thinking this treatment won't work on me... but look at the difference. :)


After a very long 8 month waiting game and an accumulative dose of 12600mg... I feel a million times better. 


Dosage breakdown:

Month 1:   20mg
Months 2,3 & 4:   40mg
Months 5 & 6:   60mg
Months 7 & 8:   80mg


I no longer need to cake myself in layers of thick foundation paste, concealer and puff powder.
It was embarrassing to use all that make-up... and it didn't even do a good job of covering anything. The only purpose it served was to make the redness look skin-coloured but any person can tell there were still clusters of monster sized bumps within bumps next to a bump on a bump!

... Not to mention the flaky skin and foundation paste cracking by the end of the night.
Yuck, i'm glad thoooose days are long gone!

Nowadays, I can wear just a very thin layer of CC cream and walk outside. 
My friends and family have noticed that I have been more confident and positive in the recent months too. 

* Aside from having a flat skin surface... I've been very happy that accutane got rid of the dark ring around my lips. For years, the dark corners of my mouth made me feel very embarrassed as if I was constantly wearing a dark lip liner (see 2nd set of images below).

With the amount of lip skin shedding caused by accutane, I was able to rub off all the dark pigmented, dead skin build-up and feeling more confident with my new, healthier-looking, younger-looking, rosier-looking lips. :)


And lastly... 
Here are the final pictures of my accutane update. :)










------------------

And for those who are late to catch on... this is what my face looked like 8 months ago BEFORE the initial outbreak... 







And below, during initial outbreak...









No comments:

Post a Comment