Monday 16 December 2013

#1 - Dry, dry, drrrryyy!!!


Hello everyone!

Time for a fortnight update as promised.

Actually i've felt pretty miserable over the last 2 weeks because of the initial breakout I was experiencing after taking the Accutane. I didn't think this was going to work for me.

Progress:   2 weeks into treatment.
Dosage:   20mg (1 capsule) everyday for 1 month.

- - - - -

What has it been like? Any changes to the appearance?

Well... firstly, my lips have never felt this dry. This isn't the kind of dry where you lick your lips and it will be ok.
When I say dry, I mean DRY! I've managed to swipe through a stick of lip balm because I keep applying it at least once every hour. It is no joke that accutane would suck out all the moisture from your face and lips. My lips feel like the desert.
I do keep myself hydrated, I drink a lot, a lot of water.

I have also started to notice my skin flaking between my eyebrows and the sides of my nose... which never really happens! My skin can be dry in the winter but never to the point where it flakes.

Mind you, I am using the 'Aveeno' moisturizer for my face and hands. It leaves skin feeling very nourished!
I have always used the 'Simple' moisturizer as part of my routine but with the accutane in my system, it just isn't working as well as Aveeno.

My cheeks are still lumpy, but not as inflamed as before. My skin feels a lot less tender to touch also. It's only been two weeks and my friend said I should start to feel a more obvious difference after 4-6 weeks.

I don't know if you guys can tell the difference, but I can't really see any improvements myself.








No comments:

Post a Comment